Without a doubt, one of the truly special parts of a superyacht vacation is having access to your own personal chef while you are onboard. If you haven’t had the chance to enjoy such a privilege yet, it really is an experience that everyone should enjoy at least once in their lifetime.
We’re very fortunate to have four wonderful chefs who have contributed some of their favourite recipes for you to try for yourself, to ‘wow’ your dinner guests sometime in the near future.
Mark’s absolute love for cooking and childhood infatuation with the ocean made yachting the ideal career choice. Having trained in London, studied in South Africa, apprenticed in the Seychelles and operating a restaurant in Canada, traveling was already a feature in his life.
I am Chef Brandon Weiler and I was born and raised in chilly St. Paul MN. I’m a 15 year veteran of fine dining, and ran my first restaurant at age 26. I have been working on charter yachts for the past nine years and have been on nearly ninety weeks of charter.
Before I became a yacht chef I spent three years studying catering at culinary college and gained a diploma in hospitality and catering management. I then went on to work in some of the top hotels and restaurants both in the UK and USA. While working, I gained a great knowledge and passion for both food and wine.
I’m Perry Schermuly and I have been working on and off yachts for a few years now. I trained at Boodles Gents club in London, and then went on to five star hotels and Michelin-standard restaurants. I’ve worked alongside Marco Pierre White and Gordon Ramsay to name but a few. At present I am the chef on the 40-metre M/Y Alumercia.
- Crystal clear gazpacho with cucumber blossoms and gold memo chives
- New York strip with a mixed melon salad
- Prawn and serrano jamon terrine
- Duck Confit
- Lobster ravioli
- Seared Tuna loin served with a sesame bean salad and lemon parsley foam
- “Surf ‘n Turf” – Grilled New York Strip. Pan seared scallops. Smoked beetroot puree. Heirloom carrot salad. Balsamic pan jus
- Trio of sharked Yellowfin tuna toro sashimi, citrus grilled with fresh fava beans and blossoms, and ponzu marinated sesame seared with kimchi and sambol
- Wild Trout