Happy June everyone and welcome to our latest episode of the podcast! Today I am thrilled to welcome this special guest to our show. Gemma Christian is an incredibly accomplished chief yacht stew onboard luxury yachts and is the owner of the highly successful blog theyachtstew.com.
Listen now to hear even more like these little soundbites:
- Gemma’s nearly decade long experience in the yachting industry
- Why she felt the need to create her blog and Instagram to connect, help and inspire other stews in the industry
- I started in yachting in 2011 and initially just wanted to do a season but here I am going into my eighth year! I literally wrote my final exam in university and was on my first yacht in two days! I’ve been a Chief Stew for about four years now and I just felt like there wasn’t a lot of support and guidance for stews in the industry so thought wouldn’t it be great if there was a place we could all go for that connection? I was also feeling a little bit bored – we were heading into a winter season and felt like I needed a new place for my creative outlet. So that was how theyachtstew.com was born!
- More travel inspiration for upcoming vacations!
- I think my absolute favourite place in the world is Provence in France. So much so, we actually got married there last year! The French Riviera just has it all – the water, the restaurants, the shops, etc. Can’t get enough of it.
Thanks so much to the yacht stew, Gemma for her time!