Welcome to our first podcast of 2019! Thanks again for following us along month after month! If there is any other content you’d like to see us cover, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us! Comment here, reach us on social media, or send us an email. For this first edition of the year, we’re really excited to be joined by ex-captain and superyacht expert, David Clarke. After a number of successful decades as a captain, David created Total Superyacht after noticing some gaps in management that he found a solution for!
Listen in for more on these soundbites:
- David’s time in the industry:
- I spent over 20 years working as a luxury yacht captain based all over the world. I absolutely loved it, but when it was time to put down some more permanent roots, I was glad to still remain in the industry I’ve grown up in. We now run Total Superyacht which is a management tool for crew onboard.
- Working with different clientele around the globe
- What makes a superyacht charter so interesting:
- I think the ability to offer these incredible, sometimes once-in-a-lifetime trips to people has just been an excellent side effect of my job. Seeing the crew all work together to create a place where guests can come onboard, forget about their daily stresses, escape somewhere new, exotic or tick something off their bucketlist, in an environment filled with seven star service, luxury accommodations and their own little floating oasis, is something that is just unmatched in my opinion.
- How the industry has changed over the years
- David’s favourite spot to escape to for a dream vacation
- This is a tough one! But I’d have to say the Galapagos Islands. It is such a pristine, incredible place filled with such an abundance of wildlife and just untouched nature. It’s unlike any place I’ve ever been to and I would 100% recommend to go check it out for yourself.
Thanks gain to David Clarke!