Welcome to a new month and brand new podcast! On this episode, I’m joined by another good industry friend of ours, luxury yacht broker with Simon Turner of Iconovista to chat a little bit about how yachting has changed during his time in the industry and how it fluctuates across the globe. And as always, we talk about some absolutely fantastic destinations to add to your bucket list!
Tune in now to hear more from Simon – like these soundbites:
- Simon’s experience in yachting across the globe – including a number of years in Asia and the Mediterranean
- I owned several yachts myself in the UK and when I moved to Singapore in 2005 I was excited by the cruising grounds and the development of yachting, so decided to mix my hobby with the job! Nearly 15 years later, I’ve lived across Asia and Europe and worked around the world with some of the most famous names such as Northrop and Johnson and Camper and Nicholsons. These days, I find that our boutique approach at Iconovista, working with a relatively small number of clients, allows us to better serve the complex and changing requirements of our clients and the regulatory framework.
- Why more and more people are choosing to take a luxury yacht charter. It’s never been easier or a better time to get onboard!
- Some truly amazing off the beaten track destinations to help inspire your next vacation plans. Simon has been all across the world once or twice and shares some amazing off the beaten track spots you should check out!
- To me the perfect mix of a vacation experience is to be both on the water and on land. I’ve cruised the southern fjords of Chile and anchored at the foot of a giant glacier. An unbelievable experience with virtually no ports, no pollution and the ability to get ashore for endless stunning experiences such as climbing the Torres del Paine. Indonesia is always a favourite of mine, a huge country with more than 80,000 islands and hugely diverse experiences available. The key here is land based support and we use a shore partner to ensure there is immediate assistance to the yacht and guests 24/7 to make a unique, safe and unmatchable experience. How about cruising the coast of Korea? I’ve done a little of it and it is totally undeveloped and beautiful with massive future opportunities which the Government there is already supporting.
Go ahead and have a listen below now! And don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes and the Google Play Store! While there, why not pop us a quick review too? We LOVE hearing from you all, it’s totally free to do and you get immediate notifications of new episodes (it’s a win all around!)
Thanks again Simon!